Giving birth is in no way easy on a woman’s body:
- Frequently, the skin of the abdomen stretches while the woman carries her baby and doesn’t easily retract after birth.
- The vertical rectus abdominis muscles sometimes separate and become slack, causing the stomach to protrude.
- Breasts can droop after the baby is delivered and from the overstretching of the skin caused by pregnancy and/or breastfeeding. The breast is not supported well as a result.
But being a mother makes you no less a woman, and there is no reason why you can’t continue looking and feeling your best after having children. In our practice, we help many women who cannot seem to diet or exercise away the impact that childbirth has on their bodies.
Nationwide, many women are recognizing that some of the changes childbirth effects on their bodies simply cannot be reversed without help. In fact, for women in their thirties:
- A nine percent to 12 percent increase in tummy tucks and breast surgery occurred from 2005 to 2006.
- In 2007, 59 percent of American Society of Plastic Surgeons members said they witnessed more patients who were seeking out cosmetic procedures following childbirth.
Because the effects of pregnancy on the body are global, we offer a remedy that is global: the mommy makeover is a combination of procedures–including tummy tuck, breast lift, and other body contouring options–that are offered to target all of your postpregnancy cosmetic concerns simultaneously at a discounted rate.
If you are in the La Jolla or San Diego, California areas and are interested in the possibilities that a mommy makeover can offer you, please call our office at 800.715.5052 to schedule an appointment for a mommy makeover consultation.